Sunday, July 10, 2016

Reflecting on Connecting

Over the past week, we've focused on Community Development, PLNs, LinkedIn, Reddit, Instagram, SlideShare, Snapchat and Periscope. 

This week I got more familiar with LinkedIn Snapchat, Pinterest, Instagram, and really familiar with Reddit, which I think it potentially turning into my favorite for learning and connecting with communities and networks. 

We learned that our own families are actually another network we are a part of, and that Information and communication technologies have helped ease some of the tensions that might go along with shifting family roles, by bringing families together and opening lines of communication, rather than pulling them apart.

We've gone out into the world to live double lives as silent lurkers and active ProdUsers. We've attempted to answer the question of whether silent observation and absorption is harmless or completely unjust, and perhaps some of us will figure out if there is one right answer after living in both sets of shoes. 

Switching gears...

As a way to promote interactivity with my readers, I tried an experiment with #tweet4kahla. It wasn't a sucess, so we won't dwell on it...

I also posted a poll last week. Last week, we all had the opportunity to explore Twitter together, and I have to say, I really enjoyed seeing what it could be when used in an information sharing and educational way. I personally intend to keep my account open for now, and while I won't be posting as frequently, I do intend to reach out to friends and individuals I'm interested in keeping tabs on to follow them, and join the conversation when it feels natural. Eight of you answered, and I consider that a success, so I think I'm going to keep it going!

This week, between LinkedIn and Snapchat, we had a lot of options to choose from. Let me know which tool was your favorite in the new poll. I'll keep it open until next Saturday July 16th. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kahla! I really liked to paricipate in the poll and to see the results! I look forward to seeing the second poll results!

    ReplyDelete