Sunday, July 24, 2016

Knowledge Sharing and Curation with Pinterest

Most of us finished up our Knowledge sharing and tracking assignments. I chose to use Pinterest for this task, and it enabled me to view the tool in a new light, when using it for educational purposes. My previous strategy on Pinterest was a mess. I used to think It was very well organized, but now I know better. The boards were arranged in very broad categories such as "easy gardening", or "ISD infographics." For this project, I made each board more specific. For example, instead of having one board called "photography" where I just dumped an endless pile of photographs or photo related pins from across the internet, this time all the boards were related to "photography" but were each a step in the film developing process, from figuring out what film and camera settings to use, how to address a photo's composition, and then how to make the best of a tight situation in a makeshift darkroom. Making all boards more specific enabled me to access the information I needed faster. It wasn't just curated to show my tastes, but was also curated to show my needs. 

https://www.pinterest.com/kahlavoyles/

Now that the project is complete, I plan on continuing to collect materials on the subject of film photography there. Feel free to follow my page, or feel free to share a link to your own Pinterest in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment